Saturday, December 4, 2010

Where's the love?

I went through today excited about all the things I wanted to share on my blog. It has been a pretty exciting day. But, my day was slightly overshadowed by what I saw when I peeked my head out after dinner!
As you can see, our poor Frosty was beheaded!!! In the words of Stephanie Tanner: "How Rude!" Matt and Ryan worked very hard preparing Frosty and this is the thanks they get!

(You'll have to excuse the quality of these pictures, the snow falling coupled with it getting dark outside made it extremely difficult to get a good quality pic!)

And this is not the first time vandals have messed with our decorations. Our jack-o-lantern was smashed against our front door in October. :(
That's ok though! We won't let Scrooge and his gang of Grinchs spoil our spirit! We had a great day.

For Ryan it started this morning when he went to Lowes and built this cute little caboose. (it's a three part class, the rest will be made in the weeks to follow.

Then the post office delivered my Black Friday finds from Old Navy, which made me extremely happy. After my excitement dwindled a bit Matt and I set out to WallyWorld to do a little bit of shopping. We found the kids a few Christmas gifts and a few things for ourselves as well.
My favorite find was the newest installment of the Twilight Saga Eclipse!!! Wonderful as he is Matt insisted we get it for me! YES! Betcha can't guess who's watching Edward with her sweetie tonight!!! :)


And as we were walking away from the electronics section what did I find? Christmas pajama pants for the kiddos! Score! If you know me you know that I have been ranting and raving because I can't seem to find them ANYWHERE. I am insisting that this year we take a family photo Christmas Morning in front of the tree all decked out in our Christmas jammies. I don't want them to be matching but I wanna at least all be wearing some! (BTW, Matt's were delivered today from Old Navy... now to find Me some!)
Since I some how deleted from my Old Navy order the warm vest  for Matt we went looking for one for him... Well they didn't have any men's vests but instead we got him this nice warm coat since he's been layering three lighter weight coats. I do believe it looks pretty nice!
 (I love the way the snow flakes are shining in the background like diamonds!)

A coat for Daddy wasn't the only warm thing we found... Momma got some new warm socks because my toes cannot seem to stay warm this year!

In this house it's pretty rare that we get to indulge in the material so when we do it's kinda nice. Here, life is about living and loving. It is truly the little things that mean the most. After dinner Ryan and I made Snow Cream! (Can you believe Matt has never had snow cream before???) This had to be the highlight of my night! 

So now that Ryan is nestled sweetly in his bed, with visions of sugar plums dancing in his head, Momma and Daddy are going to wrap Christmas gifts. (Well, Daddy is going to wrap gifts, Mommy is probably going to make a big mess of paper and tape, because I am terrible at wrapping!)
 
One last photo before I go, Frosty and Ryan before Frosty was murdered!

(I think I found the love! ;))

No comments:

Post a Comment